5.06.2007

Some Quick QOTSA

Every time I type anything about Queens of the Stone Age, some technical crash erases all I type, and that just happened just now. I'll just say that after listening to Desert Sessions 7 & 8 and also Mondo Generator's A Drug Problem that Never Existed, I can fairly say that Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri sort of need each other. Oliveri brings a certain energy that meshes so well with Homme's creativity and nack for clever songwriting. QOTSA music has suffered sine Oliveri's departure, and I'm afraid they'll sink into the already overpopulated "rocking for the sake of rocking" pit of music that they bridge over with something that rocks but also offers so much more. Sigh. I hope the new release is good. This one:



And since I'm on the subject of new releases, this summer is looking good for the hard rocker within me:

Shellac
Chris Cornell
Smashing Pumpkins
Velvet Revolver
Marilyn Manson

and maybe:

Bad Religion (?)
Pixies (?)

Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home